Saturday, July 17, 2010

Schroeder Family Reunion: July 17, 2010

My mother’s family (all her siblings & their families) have a reunion each year in July. This tradition has been in place since I was 3 years old! Usually I am unable to go because I am off in SIG world and don’t have the weekends off. My mom had eight siblings and besides her only one other has passed on. The oldest in her family is 95 this year and I think 4 of them are in their nineties. My mom was the seventh child, like me. I love seeing everyone in my extended family, but I also like seeing everyone in my family (my brothers and sisters). I don’t live so close to the core group so for me it’s a real treat to see my kids playing with heir cousins and second cousins. Carlea and Maysie LOVE their cousins. And they tell me all the time.

This year there was the Schroeder American Idol and my kids got up and sang twinkle twinkle little Star in front of the 65 guests. It amazes me that they have no problem getting up there and performing. Anytime, anywhere, they are up for it!
   And they won.  I'm sure it was the cuteness factor!





They loved meeting everyone and had a good time eating the candy that fell from the pinata! Looking forward to next year's party already!








No comments: